About Goldsmiths' Shop Talent
Goldsmiths' Shop Talent is the Goldsmiths’ Centre online shop where you can find a handpicked selection of unique jewellery and silver products crafted by new talent. The Goldsmiths’ Centre is a registered charity, number 1120113. Goldsmiths' Shop Talent is part of the Goldsmiths’ Centre’s subsidiary Community Interest Company. All profit goes towards supporting the charity’s educational activities and training the next generation of goldsmiths.
We want you to have a positive experience when shopping on Shop Talent, so please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a buyer.
Where can I buy a product from Shop Talent?
Goldsmiths' Shop Talent is a platform to discover and purchase products from UK-based designers and makers. Goldsmiths' Shop Talent is only available online, although products can on occasion be purchased through pop-up selling events, selling showcases and exhibitions at the Goldsmiths’ Centre. You can find more information on upcoming events held at the Goldsmiths’ Centre via our website: www.goldsmiths-shop-talent.org/pages/events
Our address is the following:
Goldsmiths' Shop Talent
The Goldsmiths’ Centre
42 Britton Street
London, EC1M 5AD
020 7566 7650
How does Goldsmiths' Shop Talent work?
Goldsmiths' Shop Talent sells products made by a handpicked selection of designers and makers. By making a purchase you are directly supporting an independent craftsperson. Please note that:
- the Goldsmiths’ Centre is acting as an agent on behalf of the designers and makers listed on Goldsmiths' Shop Talent;
- when buying a product, you agree that you have read the item description before making a purchase; will submit an appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and will provide accurate delivery or collection information to the Goldsmiths’ Centre.
- you may find that pieces exhibited in selling showcases or exhibitions at the Goldsmiths’ Centre can vary slightly from the products sold via Shop Talent. This is because every product is handmade. You will however be made aware in the product description ahead of purchase if there are any discrepancies in the use of materials or processes applied.
- Some one-off products will remain on display until the close of a selling showcase or exhibition; you are advised in the online product description when it will be ready for collection or dispatch.
How much do you charge for postage?
Products can be delivered within the UK and internationally by post or be collected in person from the Goldsmiths’ Centre in London. All postage charges are determined by the total value of your order, product weight and delivery destination.
Once you have decided to buy a product, you will be taken through the checkout process where the shipping fee will be calculated and added to your total for purchase, or you can elect to collect the item(s) from the Goldsmiths' Centre. Some items have additional shipping charges and extended delivery times as noted on the online individual product page.
VAT of 20% will be applied to all purchases where the designer or maker is VAT registered.
How will I know if my order has been processed successfully?
Once you have made your order, you will receive a receipt by email with a summary of your order. At this point your order is confirmed and payment will be taken from your card.
Please check the product description for the estimated delivery time. We do not have a facility for you to check the progress of your order. However, a follow-up email will then be sent once the items have been dispatched to you. Please call our Box Office on 020 7566 7650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on tracking your order.
If an item you have requested is temporarily out of stock it will not be included in your order, you will not be charged for it, but we will notify you by email if it becomes available.
How long will my order take to arrive?
Orders for delivery to UK addresses will be sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery, first class if valued under £20 and if valued over £20 by Royal Mail Special Delivery. International orders will be sent by Royal Mail's International Tracking service.
If no-one is present, Royal Mail or the delivery service should leave a calling card and take the package to the nearest post office collection depot to your address. Royal Mail then hold the package before returning it to the Goldsmiths’ Centre if it is not collected.
Can I end the contract with the Goldsmiths’ Centre and return an item to the Goldsmiths’ Centre?
Our team at the Goldsmiths’ Centre want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase.
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, if you buy online, you may change your mind within 14 days of receiving the items and receive a refund. You do not have the right to change your mind in respect of custom-made items or items sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them, such as earrings. If you change your mind, you must return the items to us within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract. This right to a refund includes the delivery charges but does not include the cost of returning items.
We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. Goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. You are entitled to end your contract with us and receive a full refund if you request one in writing within 30 working days of receiving your items if:
- An item is not as described and is significantly different from the listing description or the photos provided. For example, it is a different colour, material, model, version, size; is missing parts or is damaged.
- An item is not received in the right quantity (e.g. the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
- An item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g. the item is described as new but is used).
- The order was delivered late and the item was ordered for a specific date or event; and the item was not dispatched according to the processing time or date specified in the product description.
This right to a refund includes the delivery charges but does not include the cost of returning items. This right to a refund does not apply to custom-made items or items sealed for health protection or hygiene reasons, once these have been unsealed after you receive them, such as earrings. Please check the online product description for indication of when these exemptions apply.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your order, and you wish to end the contract, please:
- Let us know by emailing us at email@example.com or calling our Box Office on 020 7566 7650 as soon as possible.
- Return the unwanted item(s), unused and in pristine condition by Royal Mail Special Delivery or recorded post. The items must be safely packaged with a copy of the original receipt, and sent to the following address:
Goldsmiths' Shop Talent
The Goldsmiths’ Centre
42 Britton Street
London, EC1M 5AD
The Goldsmiths’ Centre cannot accept responsibility for return postage or customs fees if the package is returned from outside the UK, or for any items damaged, lost or stolen in transit. You will need to seek compensation through Royal Mail or your tracked courier service in this occurrence.
The Goldsmiths’ Centre will issue a refund in the original form of payment at your request within 14 days of receipt of the returned items, but it may take a further 30 days for the transaction to be processed and appear in your account.
Is my payment data and personal information secure?
The Goldsmiths’ Centre takes the security of your personal information as a high priority. We will only use your personal information as set out in our www.goldsmiths-centre.org/about-us/website-policy/privacy-policy. All payments are processed through a secure Shopify payment gateway. This system encrypts your bank card and personal details to ensure that these cannot be accessed by anyone else when transmitted over the internet.
As an agent, acting on behalf of the individual designers and makers presented in Goldsmiths' Shop Talent, the Goldsmiths’ Centre is obliged pass on your name, address and email to VAT registered designers and makers, so they can issue a VAT invoice. Your details will only be used for the purposes of issuing the invoice and at no time will the Goldsmiths’ Centre pass your details on to any other third party.
Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.